ChartGen 2003 is the latest version / upgrade to Myers Holum’s long-running ChartGen product for designing Chart of Account and building and maintaining the Masterpiece/Net Account Processing Tables (APTs).
ChartGen 2003 is a revolutionary improvement on ChartGen 2000. Utilising the same technologies as Solvent Green’s widely used Postmaster 2000 product ChartGen 2003 now runs as part of Microsoft Excel.
This allows for a large number of new features that directly drive Excel and make building and maintaining your APTs faster and easier
New features include :
- Separate Excel toolbars for each of the ChartGen worksheets offering a huge number of new features
- Runs within Excel 2000 enabling it to fully integrate with Excel and Office – as per Postmaster 2000
- Huge number of new features for editing the ChartGen worksheets
- Your ChartGen APT data is now loaded into Microsoft Access. This allows for intelligent worksheets and toolbars. This allows for such time saving new features as :
- Easily insert new values into the BRT using an easy to use form
- Easily build new account break-outs by putting blocks together
- Easily define account validation rules by seeing what values are valid in each BVT code
- The Account Builder – easily pick values of each block to test whether an account is valid – no more trying to remember what value means what
- Test which AIT entry matches a particular account number
- Automatic software updating via the internet to ensure you have all the latest features
- Load your Account Processing Tables (APTs) directly into Masterpiece/Net from ChartGen 2000 using ODBC !!
- A 5 day evaluation is available by downloading the program from the web. On-site demonstrations and a 30 day evaluation are available on request. This includes for upgrade customers !!.
|US/Europe – Full Version|
|Asia Pacific – Full Version|
|US/Europe – Upgrade|
|Asia Pacific – Upgrade|
|Customer case studies and press releases|
ChartGen is used extensively through-out the South Australian government – collectively the largest Masterpiece site in the world. Some of our customers include :
Please contact us for references.
08/03/2004 Department of Human Services upgrades to ChartGen 2003
01/12/2003 Solvent Green announces release of ChartGen 2003 !
For further information please email ChartGen2003@solventgreen.com
Technical Support & Downloads
Please click the above link for Technical support
ChartGen 2003’s Toolbar’s for the different ChartGen Worksheets are shown below :
Copyright and Intellectual Property Information
- Myers Holum Inc. retains copyright over the core COBOL modules at the heart of ChartGen.
- Myers Holum Inc retains copyright over the Visual ChartGen / ChartGen 2000 product as a whole.
- Solvent Green maintains copyright over the Visual Basic code in Visual ChartGen /
- ChartGen 2000 with Myers Holum Inc. having an indefinite license.
- Solvent Green maintains full copyright over the shared / Visual Basic ‘library modules’ used in Visual ChartGen / ChartGen 2000 with Myers Holum Inc. having an indefinite license.
- Solvent Green maintains full copyright over all Postmaster 2000 code and the Visual
- Basic ‘library modules’ used in this product.
- Solvent Green asserts full copyright over all ChartGen 2003 code.
- Solvent Green maintains full copyright over the shared / Visual Basic library modules shared between Postmaster 2000 and ChartGen 2003.
- The ChartGen 2003 code has been ‘reverse engineered’ from the ChartGen 2000 code with all code being replaced or totally rewritten / re-engineered.
- No program objects owned by Myers Holum Inc are shipped with ChartGen 2003 Version 1 Upgrade.
- Program objects in the full version are shipped under license from Knute
- Holum/MHI. MHI is only liable to support bugs in the modules licensed – Solvent Green is responsible for all other product support.
- ChartGen 2003 Version 1 Upgrade requires ChartGen 2000 to be installed prior to installing ChartGen 2003 as it utilises the existing ChartGen 2000 COBOL program objects.
- Solvent Green has an indefinite license to use ChartGen code and objects as per contract with Myers Holum Australia / Walldorf Technology Australia for sale of Postmaster 2000.